Dates: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - Friday, September 20, 2019
Applications due: 30 June, 2016
InnerChange English School (full-time)
Funds raised from the InnerChange English School will be used to help provide financial support for national Guatemalan missionaries to minister in new InnerChange sites, such as the Limonada slum community, in Guatemala City.
- Oversight, orientation, support, and supervision of ESL teachers, in all of their responsibilities.
- Ensure consistency in the quality of teaching and participatory learning.
- Actively promote and advertise the school in the extended Xela community, employing contextually appropriate strategies, in order to attract a larger pool of interested and committed students.
- Oversight of facility, maintaining clean and good repair.
- Keep accurate student and financial records. Coordinate financial reporting with Accountant.
- Help train, coordinate, and supervise other volunteer teachers and tutors.
- Will participate regularly in certain team activities, such as: weekly team prayer and Learning Community meetings, occasional vision trips to Guatemala City, and fellowship with the Xela team.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Able to work independently—self-starter
- Able to create new and appropriate business strategies
- Some knowledge of accounting
- Significant experience working in Latino community
- Actively pursuing relationship with Jesus
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Business degree and/or significant experience working in business
- Marketing knowledge and experience
- Experience teaching English as a second language.
Click here to begin the application process.