Dates: Friday, January 1, 2016 - Saturday, December 31, 2016
Applications due: 30 September, 2016
InnerChange English School
Teach English (full-time) as a second language to Guatemalan students of all ages and skill levels. Funds raised from the InnerChange English School will be used to help provide financial support for national Guatemalan missionaries to minister in new InnerChange sites, such as the Limonada slum community, in Guatemala City.
- Help find and develop testing instruments to determine skill and knowledge levels, and progress
towards fluency and/or standardized TOEFL tests.
- Gather and/or create appropriate TESOL materials for the specific age and skill levels of enrolled students.
- Help develop a variety of fun activities and learning exercises that engage students with differing learning styles.
- Raise awareness and orient students regarding cultural differences in English speaking countries.
- Help train, coordinate, and supervise other volunteer teachers and tutors.
- Training and/or experience teaching English as a second language.
- Demonstrated teaching skills
- Able to work independently
- Participate in some team activities, such as: weekly team prayer and Learning Community meetings, occasional vision trips to Guatemala City, and fellowship with the Xela team.
- Some cross cultural experience
- An established faith (i.e., not a new believer)
Click here to begin the application process.