Dates: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - Friday, September 20, 2019
Applications due: 30 June, 2016
This Apprenticeship has a strong focus on discipleship. You will grow in intimacy with God and as a follower of Jesus through engaging in InnerCHANGE team rhythms of prayer, learning and spiritual formation activities. You will learn a local language, culture, and spiritual history in order to better understand how to engage in locally sustainable patterns of disciple making. You will use your professional skills in either basketball coaching, fitness training, or English teaching in order to build relationships, foster community and provide opportunities of personal growth and joy for refugees. You will start discovery Bible studies among people who are not yet following Jesus. And you will do all of the above while relating to and co-laboring with local Christian ministry leaders.
- Previous experience working cross cultures and leading a small group
- A passion for growing as a disciple of Jesus and helping others to do the same
- Faithful commitment to teammates and team life
- Ability to initiate activities as well as be flexible in un-structured environments
- Good spiritual and emotional health
- Basketball Coaches - must have played at least high school varsity or similar level, and must have been a head coach for one year at ANY level.
- Fitness Training - must have worked previously in a fitness field, trained extensively, or have a certification/academic credential in a fitness field
- English Teaching - must have worked in an English language learning environment or have an academic credential to do so.
- Age 24+
- Experience/interest in simple church planting, DMM methodology
- Join at the same time as a friend, bring someone with you!
Click here to begin the application process.